Facilitators: Mark & Lisa Kutolowski
Sponsoring Group: St Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
Advent is a season of joyful anticipation, when the people of God prayerfully wait with eager expectation for the coming of the incarnated Christ. For Christians, it is a season especially devoted to prayer and fasting, disciplines of holy waiting.
This Advent series will introduce participants to four contemplative prayer practices rooted in the Christian tradition. Meeting Sundays at 10am in Norwich, VT, we will focus on one prayer form a week and seek to practice them throughout the week. Participants are welcome to come to one session or all five!
- Feast of Christ the King (November 20th): Lectio Divina I
- 1st Sunday of Advent (November 27th): Lectio Divina II
- 2nd Sunday of Advent (December 4th): The Examen
- Gaudate Sunday (December 11th): Centering Prayer
- 4th Sunday of Advent (December 18th): Ignatian Guided Meditation
This program is free of charge.